1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Layer sheet pan with parchment and set aside.
3. Wash tomatoes and slice in half, similar to how you would slice a bun as a sandwich.
4. Place tomatoes in sheet pan with cut sides up.
5. Divide and spread pesto evenly on the open ends of tomatoes.
6. Drizzle tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and with the De Nigris White Eagle balsamic with 25% concentrated grape must.
7. Roast tomatoes for 35 minutes.
8. Add one basil leaf to the bottom half of each tomato and add sliced fresh mozzarella cheese on top of the basil. Carefully place the top piece of the tomato on top of the mozzarella. It will look like a tomato sandwich.
9. Roast for an additional 5 minutes until mozzarella is melted.
10. Turn on broiler to 500 degrees and roast for 5 minutes or until the top of tomatoes are bubbling. Remove from oven.
11. Carefully remove tomato caprese on to serving platter.
12. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the De Nigris Gold Eagle balsamic with 55% concentrated grape must.
13. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
14. Add cracked pepper and sea salt to season and present.
15. Serve and enjoy.
Arkansas Women Blogger member Lyndi Fultz writes about living and eating well from her life in beautiful Northwest Arkansas at nwafoodie. Much of her blogging inspiration comes from this gem of a place, which she refers to as the proverbial land of milk-and-honey. Read more related to cooking, entertaining, gadget suggestions, ingredient explorations, local finds, local restaurant treasures, kitchen tour spotlights, and always with a healthy and simplistic approach.